Jump to Navigation

The juvenile court system is different from the adult court

Learning that your child is facing an issue in the juvenile court system is troubling for most parents. In these cases, you shouldn't sit back and just let the chips fall where they may. Instead, you need to take action so that your child can have representation as the case moves forward. We know that you might be confused and you might have questions about what you can do. We are here to answer questions about how you can handle the situation.

You must understand that the juvenile court system is much different than the adult court system. For example, in the juvenile court system, the case won't go before a jury. There aren't any jury trials in the juvenile court system. All cases are heard before the judge.

As your child's case progresses through the system, you will need to learn about the options that you have for handling the case. You might have to make some difficult decisions as the case moves forward. You need to think about how these can impact you, your child and the other people who live with you.

We know that you might be concerned about the case. This is understandable. You should allow your concern to fuel your desire to get the case resolved in the way that is best for your child. Even though you probably never thought you would be in this position, you should remember that your child's case is a call to action. You can use this time to think about how you can help your child to move past the issues that led to this situation.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Your Concerns

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Contacting Us

Ronald E. Smith, P.C.
3900 University Drive
Suite 320
Fairfax, VA 22030
map and directions

Phone: 703-539-5825
Fax: 703-352-3370